This Product Group represents the interests of manufacturers of racking, shelving and other storage products through the FEM National Committees of Belgium, France, Finland, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
- Adjustable Pallet Racking for general or specialised warehouse use
- Drive in Racking for more specialised bulk storage
- Push Back Racking for Higher Density storage at relatively low height levels
- Gravity Live Storage Racking and Shelving for first in first out utilization
- Mobile Racking and Shelving for high density low turn round systems
- Clip together Metal Shelving systems for general storage purposes
- Library Shelving for book and other storage in archives and elsewhere
- Bolted Slotted angle for the construction of storage and other Systems
- Plastic Storage Containers, Steel Lockers and Cupboards
- Mezzanines together with Rack or Shelving supported floors
Digital information according Racking & Shelving can be found here.
- To represent, promote and protect the interests of the European racking, shelving and related products industry
- To establish a source of information for manufacturers, control organizations, users, teaching bodies and government authorities
- To facilitate European discussion about technical, commercial and economic storage equipment and methods issues
- To facilitate European collaboration on definition and classification of equipment, terminology, development of standards, quality, market data, and research and development
- To publish a range of studies and documents promoting better utilizationof storage equipment
- To promote any other activity of value to manufacturers and users
The Product Group operates through an annual Plenary meeting, Technical Committee and ad hoc Working Groups. Current officers of the Product Group
- Vice President
- Technical Committee Chairman
- Deputy Technical Committee Chairman
- CEN TC344 Chairman
- Secretary General
The Product Group was formally established as the “European Racking Federation” (ERF) in UK Company law in September 2004.
Work in progress
The Product Group is currently developing four CEN Standards within CEN Committee for the Racking industry, namely CEN TC 344 “Steel Static Storage Systems”, as well as manufacturers Standards on Drive-in Racking, Cantilever Racking. The PG is currently working with universities to develop a code for racking design in seismic conditions and is also liaising with MHI in this respect.